Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
We understand you have a lot on your mind. You’ve faced unprecedented disruptions to your day-to-day life — and your vacations. We are here to help, with the most current information on reservation flexibility.
The Next Level of Clean
Experience enhanced cleaning and safety standards throughout our resorts, including hospital-grade disinfectants, hand sanitizing stations, and a host of protective social distancing guidelines. We’re ready to welcome you — and serve you safely.
With Your Health and Safety in Mind
Amenities may be closed or limited to support social distancing. For current status of individual resorts and destinations, please visit our Resort Status page.
Reservation Cancellation Information*
This temporarily adjusted cancellation policy was last adjusted on June 30, 2020 and currently only applies to reservations that were scheduled for arrivals beginning March 12, 2020.
I'm Canceling a Reservation Made with:
(2) Vacation Club Points Within 60 Days of Arrival
Until August 31, 2020, if you are seeking to cancel your reservation, booked with Vacation Club Points, and are canceling 60 days or less from the date of arrival, your Vacation Club Points will be returned to a Holding Account; however, the Points Premium (if any) will be forfeited.
- For Vacation Club Points expiring anytime in 2020 or 2021 and placed into a Holding Account as a result of a cancellation made prior to August 31, 2020 and within 60 days or less of arrival, the expiration deadline of such Vacation Club Points will be extended through December 31, 2021, and can be used for a villa reservation or select Explorer offerings within 120 days of arrival instead of the previous 60 days of arrival. The December 31, 2021 extension will be made to your account within two weeks.
If you are seeking to cancel your reservation on the date of arrival or while staying at one of our resorts, Vacation Club Points will not be returned.
My Scheduled Arrival Date Is 60 Days or More from Date of Cancellation
- If you have a floating ownership week, upon cancellation your ownership week will be returned to your account, without penalty, and may be used to make a future reservation, based on availability and subject to your resort’s specific reservation rules. To submit a cancellation request for your existing week please submit your request via our contact form. For Owners of fixed ownership weeks please contact Owner Services via phone to review options.
- If you don't plan to use your fixed or float ownership week at your home resort, you may deposit your week with Interval International, which will be eligible for travel up to 24 months after your deposited week. Initiate a deposit request with Interval International.
My Scheduled Arrival Date Is 59 Days to 14 Days from Date of Cancellation
- While cancellations are not permitted, your fixed or float week can be deposited with Interval International for a Late Deposit. You will have two years from the check-out date of your deposited week to travel and can check availability up to 59 days before your desired arrival date. Initiate a late deposit request with Interval International.
My Scheduled Arrival Date Is Within the Next 14 Days from Date of Cancellation
My Arrival Date is On or Before August 31, 2020
- After submitting a cancellation form, you will receive an Interval International week that will be deposited into your Interval International account within 10 days for future use. The Interval International week will have a reduced exchange rate of US$99, will expire on December 16, 2021, and you must be a member of Interval International to use it. You are able to check availability up to 120 days prior to your desired arrival date.
My Arrival Date is After August 31, 2020
1 Please be aware that as of July 1, 2020 many fixed/float ownership weeks are eligible to be deposited with Interval International; however, some may not be able to at this time due to the status of the resort. Review a list of those resort ownership weeks which ARE NOT currently eligible to deposit with Interval International.
Due to extended hold times, if you would like to cancel a reservation for an arrival in the next 75 days, we ask that you submit a request via email. In your email, please include the following:
- Arrival date
- Resort Name
- Confirmation #
- Name on reservation
- Indicate if you wish to cancel your entire reservation or only a portion (if a portion, please specify the specific dates you wish to cancel)
Please note that we are working diligently to help each Owner cancel or modify their current reservations, prioritizing those with scheduled arrivals within the next 75 days. Due to the high volume of inquiries we are receiving, it may take several days to receive a response, but please rest assured that we will respond at our earliest opportunity.
Other Reservation Types
- If you have a reservation confirmed through Interval International, please contact them directly at intervalworld.com.
- If you have a rental reservation, please visit Marriott.com.
- If you have a preview package, or Encore package, please call the number listed below based on your country of residence:
- Guests who booked through a third-party booking provider or travel agent will need to contact their booking provider directly for any modifications or cancellations.
We're in This Together
Thank you for being part of our vacation family. While we don't know when this will pass, we know that it will. Until then, take care of yourself. Take care of those closest to you. And when you're ready to explore this beautiful world of ours again, we'll be here to help you take care of your future vacation plans.
* Based on government mandated restrictions — including resort closures — these options may not apply to all resorts. Due to continually changing conditions, these cancellation policies may be changed or modified as needed from time to time. For weeks reservations, certain resorts may have a varied cancellation window. Please reference your specific resort's reservation rules for more information.
Please refer to current Resort & Destination Updates.
Club Points are used by Members who purchased Membership in Marriott Vacation Club, Asia-Pacific and Marriott Vacation Club Destinations, Australia!